Environmental Management System.
Aquarama Marina is committed to contributing to a high quality of life by protecting and enhancing the environment and by supporting the concept of environmentally sustainable practices. We will endeavor to abide by all rules and regulations set out by the government which directly affect the marina and its day to day operations.
Our aim is to work together with local councils and Department of Parks and Wildlife (River parks unit), so as to keep the environment as clean and healthy as possible. The Swan River is a very large part of Perth and the boating fraternity.
Our Slipway conforms to waste water discharge management entering the Swan River and is under continual surveillance to ensure the cleanliness of the discharged water. We and DPAW are working together to ensure the health of our river system.
The Environmental Management System for Aquarama Marina and its clients ensures our commitment and continual improvement to reducing pollution risks such as;
- Hydrocarbon spills.
- Pollution from bilge water.
- Pollution from storm water runoff.
- Pollution from boat maintenance and slipways.
- Pollution due to cleaning of vessels in penned areas.
- Contamination of environment from antifouling.
- Noise pollution causing nuisance or endangering health.
- Contamination of river from fertilizers/pesticides/green waste and erosion.
- Dust generation from vessel maintenance.
- Contamination of environment from stored hazardous goods.
- Reducing the oceans plastic contamination by banning single use plastic bags and lightweight plastics.
Aquarama Marina relies on the help of its tenants and clients and the general public to maintain these risks and contribute to a healthy environment for the years ahead. ‘If you see something, SAY SOMETHING’.
A print out of our Environmental Management System and Emergence Response Plan with strategy options and risk summary tables is available in the marina office 7 days a week. We recommend clients and trades people read it at least annually to stay familiar.
To view the Environmental Management System online please click this link or it can always be found in the ‘About us’ tab on our website.